iOS Accessibility Engineer
- Implemented several new features and improvements to core accessible technologies on iOS
- Drove the implementation of many improvements to first party apps, and worked with app teams within Apple to enhance their support for our platform.
- Participated in developer outreach at conferences (WWDC) and onsite events to promote the value of making software accessible and answer developer questions
iOS Engineer, Lumosity
- Migrated from a proprietary navigation implementation in C++ to UIKit components and established patterns for further development
- Authored process document describing our code review and QA approval process for patches
- Implemented 1v1 competition feature, which had a greater than 50% engagement rate
Member of Technical Staff
- Restructured keyboard input handling to improve code architecture and accommodate multiple clients of our OS X UI library
- Redesigned outdated first-run and trial experiences to improve initial impressions, and make it easier to try Fusion
- Exposed Cocoa configuration UI for a USB device arbitration library written in C (through our platform-independent C++ library, and OS X-specific Objective-C library)
- Engineered an extensive rewrite of VDT to incorporate a new deployment backend relying on VMware vCloud Director, and to allow greater flexibility in how deployments are created
- Implemented stabilization fixes in the View Deployment Tool (VDT), which is responsible for deploying instances of the View product during automated testing
- Completed and stabilized system tests designed to exercise several of View’s provisioning features
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science with Honors, GPA 3.62 of 4.0
- Ray tracer written in C++11, utilizing libpng for output and libyaml for scene configuration.
- Implemented perspective projection camera model, and ray intersection algorithms for a variety of geometric primitives.
- Researched and implemented basic Lambert and Blinn lighting algorithms.
Cocoa/AppKit, Metal, texture generation, graphics
C++, operating systems
- Created a tiny booting operating system for x86, using virtual machine platform
- Designed object-oriented approach to system architecture, wrapping key hardware features in object abstractions
- Implemented interrupt handling, segmented memory management, and console I/O. Laid groundwork for future page table architecture.
Rust, programming languages
- Implemented lexer for a portion of the Scheme specification
- Studied unique language features of Rust, in particular type and lifetime safety
- Utilized Rust's built-in unit testing facilities to develop in a test-forward way
Skills & Interests
Skills ranked in order of experience
- Objective-C, C, C++, Python, Rust, Swift
- UIKit, Cocoa, Django
- Vim, Git, Xcode, Perforce, Review Board
- Spoken Languages
- English, Spanish, French
- WWDC 2014–2017, PyCon 2012, She's Geeky 2012
- Non-Tech Interests
- Calligraphy, music, audio synthesis, cooking, baking, yoga